Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Song in my head

Lately, I've been obsessed with India.arie's version of 'The Heart of the Matter'- especially the following lyrics:

These times are so uncertain
There's a yearning undefined
And people filled with rage

We all need a little tenderness
How can love survive in such a graceless age

And the trust and self-assurance that lead to happiness
They're the very things we kill, I guess

Pride and competition cannot fill these empty arms
And the work they put between us,
You know it doesn't keep us warm

With everything that's going on in society lately, it's good to remember how far a hug can go or a good laugh with a friend... I have to keep reminding myself to pay it forward, whenever I can...

1 comment:

Erin said...

Thanks for your comment! Great to see your blog... I love hearing about everything that's going on with you! Keep in touch!