Saturday, February 25, 2012

The Evolution of the Saturday Morning

As a child~ Saturday mornings were the best!  Cartoons, toaster strudel, antagonizing my brother...not a care in the world.


As a teenager~ I hated Saturday mornings!  I had to report for duty at the golden arches every Saturday morning at 5:00 a.m. to open. I'm pretty sure my mom hated Saturday mornings too as she had to drive me before I got my license... and double whammy during the winter months.

As a college student~ What...there were still Saturday mornings? I thought every day started at 1 p.m.?

As a newlywed~ see 'As a college student.'

As a mom~ Saturday mornings are what I LIVE for... snuggled in with peanut.  Me with coffee, her with a sippy of milk, watching Dora/Bubble Guppies/Team UmiZoomi... and chatting about how to spend our day.  Pure bliss.

1 comment:

Iowa Sunshine said...

i agree -- saturday mornings with little ones are the best and most comfortable. i didn't know you worked at McD's : ) i had to be at work at 5am too at a nursing home. rock on bubble guppies!!!