Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Progress

I've said it before and I'll say it again, weight loss does not come easy for me. 

I tend to put everything and everyone else first. How can you celebrate without food?  Plans with friends? Skip the gym!  Peanut hasn't gone to bed yet? Stay home!  Stressful day at work? Eat 3 candy bars... so you see my pattern.

Despite the odds, I have managed to claw, kick, scratch, and fight my way to an 18.3 lb weight loss.  I'm barely hanging on- like a rock climber without a rope.  The slightest thing could throw me off- like more SICKNESS or something like that.

But for now, I'll acknowledge that it took a lot of blood, sweat and tears to drop those 18.3 lbs.  I wish I could say I had reached the end of my journey.  But it's only the beginning. 

Two things I know for sure:  calories in versus calories out.  And there has to be exercise. Lots of it.

Oh and the next person who tells me their great 'diet' trick is to substitute 100 calorie packs for actual CAKE or CANDY is getting the side-eye






2 comments:

CoCo's Blog Spot said...

Rochelle! I am also on a diet. working my way thru weight watchers. I have lost about 4.4 pounds, as the gym has not quite called my name as often as it should have and I was sick too :( Kepp up the good work and good for you!
Courtney

Mrs. W said...

Great job! It's an every day struggle but we can do it! :)