Monday, October 1, 2012

Okoboji 2012

It's that time of year...when the leaves start to change, the temps start to drop and we head to the lake! 

I needed the breather.  The chance to unwind.... put our feet up....sip a mimosa before noon, eat lots and lots of bacon and maybe a pancake or two.  We played games, went boating, shopped, swam in the outdoor and indoor heated pools, laughed til our bellies hurt and had a GREAT vacation. 

P.S. Can I go back and do it all over again next week?

A big thank you to G&G K. who took Rea back home with them for a few days so mama and daddy could enjoy couple time.  Even though I really missed my baby girl, couple time rocked!

A big thank you to G&G W. who even though it was their vacation too, watched peanut for us throughout the week.

I also got a special surprise this year.  My very first year of going to Okoboji with Andy and his family was in 2003. Afterwards, I wrote a thank you note to his parents that referenced me looking forward to the day when we could bring our own children to the lake. They kept the note. Had it framed. And included a sweet family pic of me, Andy and Rea. It was so dear and so thoughtful. I can't wait to hang it in our Okoboji bathroom!




Okoboji 2012 pics, enjoy!


The first view~



Papa and peanut!


Mommy and peanut!


Checking out the view~


Gramma W. was a good sport- a princess and a cowgirl....


G&G K. and peanut!


Hanging at our favorite spot, Parks Marina and the Barefoot Bar~










Beautiful sunset~

Our favorite breakfast joint~



Chillin at the local coffee house~





Views~





Boating!








Swimming!


Reading before bed~


Snug as a bug in a rug~


Calm night on the lake~



Let's ride~


The spot where daddy proposed!






Outdoor swimming~


Papa carved a pumpkin while Rea helped. Watched. Got distracted...


Shoreline~




Sun rays through the trees....


All wore out!



I feel so blessed to be able to enjoy a great family vacation every year.  Here's to next year at the lake!

No comments: