Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Ode to bunny

Oh how I knew this day would come. I'm surprised it didn't happen sooner.  But with impeccable timing, on a 95 degree day after running multiple errands, it happened.

We lost bunny.

*insert hysterical screams here* And that's exactly what we did.

Well I frantically searched the car, the parking lot, my purse- from a bystander's view, I'm surprised they didn't call DHS...while Rea wailed, yes wailed from inside the car...

I know, I know... there are worse things happening in the world right now. I know my 3 year old is codependent on a stuffed animal.  I know we should be working on having stuffies only for bedtime. But it's so hard. Her bunny calms her after a hectic day, keeps her occupied while I run errands in stores that have no interest for toddlers.  She has the BEST imagination when it comes to her and her bunny, affectionately named ChiChi.

So I did what every mature parent would do. I called my own mom. See how that whole 'you're never really done parenting' comes into play? I called my mom and wailed on the phone as Rea was wailing in the backseat.

And it was by the grace of God, and backtracking through two stores and sweating so much I lost 10 pounds, that we found bunny. Next to our parking spot at Menard's. Sitting on the tailgate of a huge pickup truck.

I wanted to hug the stranger that had found that sweet stuffed bunny that always looks dirty but I swear is clean because I really do try to wash it every other day... I wanted to give them a blank check and say THANK YOU.  But no one was around.

So if Menard's is watching on their security cameras they would have seen a tired, hot mess of a mom slumped over in relief while her toddler was squeezing a bunny and jumping for joy.

And yes moral of the story is get a replacement bunny but we tried and couldn't find another one so I'm guessing we'll be telling this story again. I just hope Reagan is 20 years old the next time it happens and we'll both be okay to handle it.

Just a girl and her bunny:



1 comment:

Nurse Nettie said...

OMG!!! What a dramatic story, but a happy end! Love!!!