Monday, October 12, 2015

Fall Girls Trip 2015

Galena has always been on my bucket list. I've heard so many fun things about the town. I couldn't wait to go. So when my girlfriends and I were planning a fall trip, I thought Galena would be the perfect choice. And it didn't disappoint!

There is so much to do!  Between the wine tasting, great food, fun shops, ghost tours, Chestnut Mountain and the distillery, we didn't have a spare minute to breathe!  But I can definitely say it was one of the best trips I've been on and close enough so the drive was doable.

Check one off the bucket list!

Heading out!





We split up the drive Friday night and stopped in the Czech Village in CR. Great food!





We got up bright and early Saturday for exploring... it was the busiest day of the year in Galena (unbeknownst to us) so we were already met with crowds.  Wine tasting by 10 a.m. sure did seem to help though!  Lots of yummy wines, cheeses, candy, and sausage to sample!







After a yummy Italian lunch at Vinny's we headed to Chestnut Mountain. It was beautiful! We saw all 3 states and then rode down the hill on sleds with wheels. I can't believe I actually did it!  Definitely a highlight of the trip.




















We then headed to a local distillery and enjoyed some libations. Great Apple Pie drink in honor of fall!














We rounded out the night with a very fun (and informational) ghost tour!  




Yummy cocktails with dinner!




Enjoying live music-



What a great girls trip! Can't wait to go back!

No comments: