Monday, June 18, 2012

Father's Day 2012

I was going to title this post, "The adventures of mini golf....with a 2 year old" but that would just take away from the fact that despite us trying to take a 2 year old on a mini golf adventure (and FAILING) we had a great day celebrating with our family!

Okay so the mini golf really wasn't that bad if I can ignore the fact that my 2 year old wanted to pick up everyone's ball, jump in the ponds, climb on the rocks, throw the rocks into the pond... I know, I know...she's a 2 year old.  But the sun was shining, we were laughing and with family- that's all that matters.

After mini golf we headed back to our place for grilling and swimming!  I attempted a new dessert and I'm happy to report it turned out really tasty... and by tasty I mean, I shoveled down 3 pieces on my own. That kinda tasty.

Hope everyone had a great Father's day!

Future golf pro?





Loves her daddy!


Pool time!


Caramel brownie dessert (courtesy of last Sunday's paper):
1 box family size brownie mix, prepared according to box
Let cool 30 minutes
Poke holes with end of a wooden spoon
Drizzle 3/4 jar of caramel sauce into holes
Mix 1/4 remaining caramel with 1 tub creamy cool whip
Spread on brownies
Sprinkle chopped nuts (omitted due to 2 year old)
Maraschino cherry on top!





No comments: