Sunday, July 22, 2012

Road Trip~ Clear Lake

Rea's 'Aunt Nette' and her sissy, Kelli, invited Rea and I on a road trip to Clear Lake on Saturday to visit their family!  We jumped at the chance and found ourselves enjoying a great day in a town that was so much fun exploring!  With a warm welcome from Nette's parents and grandparents!

The day started with breakfast at 7's.  Side note: Me and small town diners go way back. I've never met a small town diner that I didn't like, or where I didn't eat my weight in bacon and those huge big fluffy pancakes loaded with butta and syrup. I digress...

So breakfast was a success and the best part was visiting with Nette and Kelli's Grandpa and Grandma!  Nette surprised Rea with a Super Hero cape and book at breakfast- Rea was ecstatic! And promptly showed off her cape to the diners around us.

We then headed downtown and met up with Nette's mom and dad!  They gave us a tour of the shops- Rea's favorite was a cheese shop with chocolate. Her 2 favorite food groups. Not sure who she inherited that from....   and then we headed to the beach!  The weather was overcast and not yet scorching so the beach was perfect!  Rea loved swimming and feeding the ducks. 

After a fun day relaxing we hit the road for home.  A huge thank you to Nette's family for spending the day with us and for all of Rea's treats!  We had a great time and can't wait to visit again!

Some pics:


Waiting for breakfast....



Reagan's Super Hero cape! 


Ta-da!






Kelli and Rea:


Let's hit the streets and do some good!



Put a cape on a toddler, give her a hula hoop and watch the crowd grow- we should have put out a tip jar.  Now I know how she can save for college.









So excited to be at the beach!







Feeding the ducks:




Loved the big boat!

Reaganism:

"You're the best mommy in the world!"  As said to me, by Rea, after a fun filled beach day.

*swoon* I love my toddler!


No comments: