Sunday, January 27, 2013

A tale from the WW wagon...

I rejoined Weight Watchers for the hundreth millioneth zillioneth time the week of Thanksgiving.  Am I crazy? Yep.

I was dedicated and 10.4 pounds slowly (slowly) fell off. I still have a ways to go so I'm always assessing the situation and asking myself, what works? What doesn't? What is worth eating 100 WW points in a day? (A lot, let me tell you...)

The problem, my sweet tooth.  If only I could isolate the one tooth that gets me into trouble, I could yank that tooth out and miraculously reach my WW lifetime goal.  In the meantime, I'm trying to find WW friendly recipes that satisfy my sweet tooth.

So you can imagine my delight when my coworker told me about this amazing recipe she found on Pinterest.  3 ingredients and 35 minutes later... viola! A tasty dessert that leaves my sweet tooth satisfied.

You'll need:

1 package frozen fruit (I used mixed berry)
1 box of cake mix (I used white)
1 can diet 7Up
1 can light whipped topping (optional)

Empty contents of frozen fruit bag into 9x13 baking dish.  Sprinkle with cake mix.  Pour 7Up slowly over cake mix/fruit. Do not mix. Bake at 350 for about 35 minutes, or until brown.  Top with whipped topping and enjoy!

And note to self: it's probably not WW friendly if I eat the entire dessert in 2 days. Just sayin...

No comments: