Friday, January 25, 2013

The month of January hates me.

Something happened to make the month of January hate me.

Every January, like clockwork, we deal with sickness. And my toddler can't just have a little cold with a tiny little cough. Oh no- we need high fevers, toddler vomit, ear infections and strep throat!  January is smirking at me right now.

Sunday:

Rea spikes a high fever, vomits twice, laundry and rocking deep into the night...

Monday:

Fever gone: it's all Popsicles, blanket picnics and smiles!


Tuesday:

Crossing fingers she's really on the mend?! (Trying to ignore the fact that peanut was up multiple times in the night)

Wednesday:

Pick up from daycare- spikes high fever at night. Spends the night coughing/crying, crying/coughing.

It's pitiful, really. My poor baby. Nothing worse than having your toddler say over and over again, 'Mommy I actually really don't feel good.' 


 
Thursday:

Okay that's it. Doctor visit-  tube fell out of ear, unbeknownst to us, resulting in ear infection, positive strep test and high fever even after meds!  I give up.  After 4 nights of NO sleep, I don't even remember driving to the doctor's office.  I think it's safe to say we both cried and then got ice cream. Food always makes things better right?


And yep, we broke all the rules. Laying on the kitchen table playing on mommy's computer? You know it.




Friday:

After 2 days of antibiotics, peanut is still reeling from this. I hate seeing her this way.  I know when she's not interested in OJ, quesadillas or fruit snacks, we have big issues.  Thanks to Gramma W. for taking care of peanut while Andy and I dragged through our work days!





So that's it. I'm ready for normal back. I'm ready for February, even if it means turning another year older. *gulp*

1 comment:

Iowa Sunshine said...

wow, that is a long run of illness -- and such a variety : (. i wonder if she had a flu and then it went to ear infection? it certainly wears out parents, too, and i'm glad she found popsicles and movies for medicine!