Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013

As Thanksgiving drew close this year, I found myself reflecting on all the things I probably take for granted every day. A warm bed, a hot meal, my health and the health of my family and friends... and I wanted to make sure that in some small way, I paid it forward this year. True, it wasn't a lot. But before we headed out of town this year, I dropped off needed groceries at Bethel Mission- Hope Ministries.

Never having been there, I wasn't sure what to expect. It was easier than I thought, which makes it easier to incorporate a food drop off at Christmastime too. And next time I'll take Rea with me and show her how even a small gesture of kindness, can help those in need. It felt good.

We headed north this year for turkey day and as usual, it was great to see family and spend time catching up and eating some great food. This year was full of Grandpa-shenanigans as the cool whip lid made its way to each of the grandkids' noses. Funny times! 

This year was extra special as we welcomed a new family member! My step-sister and brother-in-law had a sweet baby girl, Rose, and this was our first time meeting her. She was cute as a button and teeny tiny! Only 6 lbs. 12 oz. and slept so well, even during the chaos that ensues when all the grandkids get together.

So many things to be thankful for this year. My heart is full. 



Hello baby Rose!



Oh how these kiddos love their Grandpa and Gramma!




Belated birthday present- thanks Erin, Erik, Chris, Nina and baby Rose!





I had no clue she liked pumpkin pie.



Thanks for the fun craft project Gramma K.!












Tomorrow we get to spend the day with Andy's family and it's sure to be another great time, more memories to be made, laughs to be had, food to eat...from our house to yours, have a blessed Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Iowa Sunshine said...

happy thanksgiving to you, too! i really like the photo of your mom kissing Rea : ). your family photos turned out wonderful! she always does a fantastic job with families.