Sunday, November 10, 2013

Weekend Recap

We had a busy Saturday morning- giving babies baths, frosting cookies, putting our babies down for naps, multiple outfit changes, watching Monsters University, you know- all the things toddlers love to do. :)












It was hard to leave the giggles, and frosting, and toddler quotes, "Mommy, I'm sorry but you're the grandma now. You're too old to be the mommy."  *sigh* (I liked it better when I was the 'big sister').

But I had a planned girl's day out at the Hy-Vee Food and Wine Expo.  This is always so fun- the key is to arrive early, before the rush of the afternoon crowds.  I was saddened to see that Chocolaterie Stam was absent this year- but very happy to see my favorite Scratch Cupcakery was in attendance. They didn't disappoint. I may have used a fake mustache as a disguise to keep going back for my 5th cupcake.

They had a separate area for beer/ciders and that was fun as well- a DJ playing music, the Iowa game was on a flat screen and we had fun sampling!  One of my favorites was the beef slider by Flemings and triple dipped caramel apple by Hy-Vee.

And the best part- getting to spend some quality time with my soul sisters!  Couldn't ask for a better afternoon.



Someone was very happy to get a dipped caramel apple complete with mnm's.



Sunday Funday:

*warm fuzzies* We've been attending a new church closer to our house and every November they host a turkey dinner, donating all proceeds. This year the donated funds went to 3 homes for Habitat for Humanity plus nets for the malaria project in Africa.  The church raised $87,000 and counting from ONE dinner. It's amazing the good will of people and how great it feels to be a part of that. God is good!

Sunday night toddler zzz's...



Hope everyone had a great weekend!

No comments: