Tuesday, August 25, 2015

First day of Kindergarten

Reagan woke up a little excited and a lot nervous for her first day of Kindergarten.

I think her nerves were reserved for the bus ride because I knew she was so ready to be in the classroom.  She had a few tears, we talked about it and why she was sad and how happy she would be with her friends.  After a quick morning routine, we took some pics and headed to the bus stop.

As soon as she saw the bus, she was ready- my independent girl-in-charge, first in line, ready to sparkle- she hopped on the bus so fast as I was yelling to the bus driver- 'she's a kindergartner!' and 'Can I take a quick pic?' and then more to myself... 'she'll be okay right?'

And yes, she was more than okay. She LOVED kindergarten.

And I loved hearing her stories- she didn't get lost, she loved PE, she ate all her packed lunch, she found the right kind of milk, she loved her teacher, she played with her preschool friends, she met a new friend named Abby, she loved riding the bus, they had story time in which her teacher has a chair with a tutu on it, and 'hey mom did I tell you we played outside 3 times?'

And with that, the first day of Kindergarten was over.












Seeing the bus for the first time:















In the classroom:




Getting off the bus after a fun-filled day:




1 comment:

Iowa Sunshine said...

so sweet -- what a big girl!!! i think the bus is a nice transition for nerves ... it really helped drew. i love hearing she is enjoying the big school!