Sunday, May 31, 2009

Sticker Shock

I found this nifty online calculator that calculates the cost of raising a child, based on where you live, for one year. The minimum? Get ready... here it is.... are you sitting down?!
$15, 036. *suffer from heart palpitations here*

Now mind you, I'm not complaining. It's just the natural planner in me to want to get a jump start. So you can imagine my joy when I found the nursery furniture set that I've been coveting for the past 3 weeks FINALLY go on sale at Target. And get this: free shipping as well!!

So hopefully by next week, we'll have put a small little dent into that figure listed above. It does feel good to mark one thing off our list! And thanks to Steve-O and Alyce for the adorable crib!

Here's a pic (DaVinci Kalani Collection):

1 comment:

Iowa Sunshine said...

Love the new baby furniture!! It's a good thing you befriended "Craig" -- he can help with the cost of Lil P :)