Wednesday, October 27, 2010

One year ago today...

The angels sang...

Making the decision to have a child- it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone


Dear Reagan~

Two years ago today, I could not even begin to imagine writing this letter, this love letter to my dearest baby girl.

One year ago today, all of my dreams came true. You have blessed our lives with such amazing grace and love that every time you hold out your sweet little arms for me, I hold my breath and feel the butterflies. Every time you smile when I enter a room, brings such immense joy in my heart. Every time you say 'dada' and look for your daddy, it makes my heart burst with the deepest love.

You came into this world a miracle. You changed our lives forever. And as you turn 1 years old today, I think of the person you already are and the person you are yet to become. I am already so proud of you and love you so deeply. Everyone said I'd never know love like this until I had a child, and now that you're here, in our lives, it's so much more than anyone can prepare you for.

To my sweet baby girl, I will love you forever and ever all the days of my life.
Your biggest fan,

Mama


******************************************

Vintage peanut, circa 10.27.09~























And...peanut today, circa 10.27.10~
If at first you don't succeed...


try, try again... (with Cheerios!).

2 comments:

Chef Stinson Family said...

This made me sob! I will never forget that day you took me to lunch and handed me that card saying "friends share....everything" "Including Maternity clothes?!" and then waiting for that call one year ago announcing that she was here!! So thankful for the blessing that is Reagan and so thankful for you and our friendship and for all you share with me. Love you both so very much!

Nurse Nettie said...

So, supposed to be working, and instead getting caught up on a year's worth of your blog... saw this... cried tears of joy, and just can't stop thinking of the three of you!! Thank you for such the honor to be Godparents to such a dear lil Peanut... oxoxox