Sunday, November 11, 2012

3 year well child check-up

Last week we had Rea's 3 year well child appointment.  I'm happy (and thankful!) to report that all is great!

She finally hit the 30 lb. mark and is 3 feet 1 inch in length.  Of course, she had many 'stories' for the nurse and the Dr. to which the Dr. looked at me and said, "So... no concerns with talking, right?"

I told him our only concern was that she was 3 going on 13. He has three daughters, he can relate.  Just this morning she told me, "Mommy, I really need a tablet. To do my work."  Okay yeah let me run right out and get you an Ipad. :)  Honestly, it'll probably be on her Christmas list for next year. I have to come to terms with the fact that she is not growing up in the 80's. Times, they have changed.

We did the crib to toddler bed transition on her actual birthday.  After a couple weeks, she is only getting up one, okay maybe three times, before settling in for the night.  She loves her new found freedom, evidently. 

We've transitioned her to a regular cup at meals, no more sippys.  All these little changes make me sad to leave behind her baby years but I do love her transition to toddler hood, where she can follow commands like putting on her own coat and shoes and going potty by herself to which she loves to tell us- "Mommy, I need privacy." 

I just keep telling myself my goal is to raise her to be a self assured, confident, kind and caring adult, who can make successful decisions on her own.  But it's still hard not to cut up her hot dogs into teeny tiny pieces. You know, just to be safe.

At the bank, opening her own savings account!



Playing with leftovers from her birthday party:



Mama and peanut, just hanging out:




We are so grateful for 3 amazing years!

No comments: