Monday, January 20, 2014

Let's Roll

My dear friend Denise's professional sorority hosted a skating party last night- the perfect opportunity for Reagan to try out roller skating! 

Much like her sledding experience, she was hesitant at first and adamant about not wearing roller skates. However, once we got there and she saw all the other kiddos having fun, she put on her skates and never looked back. 

Growing up in the 80's, roller skating was my favorite past time. I remember the Christmas I got my very own pair of skates. I was shocked to find out 25 years later, that I had lost my ability to roll with grace! I was waving my arms to gain balance and my shins felt like someone had taken a lit match to them. Ah the joys of getting older! 

Despite the sweat running down my forehead and the pulled muscle in my back, we had a great time! Reagan was skating by herself (on the carpet) and dancing to the DJ by the end of the night. Another 'first' experience that she'll have happy memories of.

And the first thing she asked me this morning, "Mommy, when can we go roller skating again?"  Success.



















Roller skating wears a girl out!

No comments: