Thursday, January 16, 2014

Preschool Prep

Last night I signed Rea up for preschool. Even typing that out gives me heart palpitations. I know she is ready, more than ready.... but signing her up and making it official also brings my fears to life.

Will she make friends? Will she love school as much as I did? Will schedules work out so she gets there and back like we planned?  Will she listen well to the teacher? Will she be okay without her bunny and blankie?

I know in my heart of hearts she'll do great. She'll excel, she'll have fun with her friends, and I'll look back and laugh at my fears. In the meantime, we'll keep working with flash cards, writing letters and her name, working on counting a little higher each time we practice.

Even though it's eight months away, I can't wait to hear her stories from her days at preschool.

Working on her letters:






Practicing her reading skills:





Her family portrait:



Working on her Ranger Rick magazine:


No comments: