Monday, January 12, 2009

Hipleasedtomeetyoupleasehireme

Did you know that an employer takes exactly 5 seconds to decide, based on your resume, that they are going to:
1) burn it, 2) use it as Kleenex, or (and this is a loooong shot) 3) call you for an interview.

FIVE seconds. To skim my two pieces of paper that I have agonized over for the past 72 hours, 'should I put a comma here?' 'should I add a bullet point there?'

Truth be told, they really don't care. They have 5 seconds and you're either in or you're out. Just like Heidi would say (think Project Runway). I have an idea- maybe I should hit up one of those Glamour Shot places at the mall, the ones where they throw a pink boa around you and make you look like a Vegas dancer from the '70's. Yes and then I'll attach a billfold print of that amazing picture to my resume.

How's that for beating the 5 second rule? Ah...gotta always be one step ahead.

No comments: