Saturday, April 4, 2009

Adventures in flying...when you're 9 and a 1/2 weeks pregnant

The good:

*Seeing complete strangers helping each other, whether it be a single mom flying with kids and trying to get her stroller on the plane, to an elderly couple trying to get their suitcases in the overhead storage. I witnessed people helping people. And yes, I may have teared up- so what, I'm hormonal!
*My pilots all had the 'experienced' look- over the age of 50, gray hair, not visibly drunk.
*Being able to run to catch my connecting flight, purse swinging and all.

The Bad:

*Having to run to catch my connecting flight, purse swinging and all.
*3 out of my 4 flights were delayed (IE you're screwed for catching connecting flights!)
*Getting sneezed/coughed on directly by no less than 7 people. Uh hello- use your hand for coverage, people!

The Ugly:

*The take-offs and the landings when you're 9 and 1/2 weeks pregnant. Lord have mercy.
*Not being able to find a 'barf bag' in any seat in my row. Aren't they supposed to keep those stocked?!
*Every bathroom on each of my flights was 'conveniently' out of order. Go figure.

~I'm officially taking a hiatus from flying- for at least the next 10 years. Who's ready for a road trip?

No comments: