Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Not yet summer but already itchin for fall!

*gasp* I know you're probably asking yourself, 'How can I wish away America's favorite season? Especially when you're from Iowa?!' Easy!

I've got two words for you: LAKE OKOBOJI!!

It's official- our 2009 family vacation has been set: signed, sealed, and delivered! (literally- just got the confirmation in the mail today). So now I can see those head's shaking, thinking, 'Now Mrs. W, how can you afford such a vacation in these times?'

Well I'll tell ya- lots of planning, sacrifice and good 'ol throw-caution-to-the-wind-last-trip-before-the-baby-arrives decision! When I first met Andy's family in 2002, they not only welcomed me with open arms, but also welcomed me on their annual family vacation to the lake.
From the moment I first arrived in Lake Okoboji, it was love at first sight. How could you not love the sound of the lake lapping against the shoreline? The sunny warm days and cool nights perfect for that 20 year old sweatshirt? 'Twitchy' the squirrel making his daily appearance? The hot tub, the pool, the VIEW! Andy and I decided right then and there that no matter what, no matter how many sacrifices, Lake Okoboji would be our annual family vacation destination.
Now- I'll admit I had my reservations this year. But- we definitely planned ahead. Saving little by little out of every paycheck we're only going to pay cash and the best part! This year, we're going to share the condo with Andy's parents! We're also are going on a budget- I don't care if I have to eat Ramen for a week while I'm there, the view is worth it! Plus I'll be 36 weeks pregnant this year and won't be spending 3 months worth of salary on wine. (okay, kidding maybe not 3 months...but at least 2!).

So while I tide myself over until September, enjoy these pics from season's past!

See ya on the lake! xo

1 comment:

Chef Stinson Family said...

Mmmm, is that some Coffee Cup Cafe I see there?