Sunday, January 23, 2011

End of an era

If it were up to me, every weekend morning until peanut left for college (yes, seriously), I would pick her up out of bed, carry her downstairs, and snuggle in with her, blankie and a bottle. But...it's not up to me. And peanut is ready to ditch the bottle.


A couple weeks ago she was fully transitioned to sippy cups at daycare. I sadly took the bag of long forgotten bottles home but still kept up the bottle/snuggle time at home. This weekend, after contemplating years of dental work that would befall peanut had she kept up the bottle much longer (or so they say...) I decided to see how she would handle only having a night-time bottle. And like any other milestone, she weathered this one quite well.

She took the sippy and never looked back. I, however, am still adjusting.




No comments: