Saturday, April 20, 2013

Switching Gears

I've never really given much thought to my career path. I had a good job with benefits and I was a rule follower. The perfect combination for a successful worker bee.  A term I've always liked because the worker bees always got the job done.

A couple months ago I was asked to lead.  Yes, I got a promotion (complete with a really nice office with an actual door and a great view of the city!).  The transition to leader has given me a lot to think about...and I'm really excited for this new career path, new opportunity! 

The challenge of leadership is to be strong, but not rude; be kind, but not weak; be bold, but not bully; be thoughtful, but not lazy; be humble, but not timid; be proud, but not arrogant; have humor, but without folly. —Jim Rohn

My team surprised me with flowers, a plant for my new office and (they know me well) cake! 




So I'm saying thanks, feeling blessed and ready to start a new chapter in my life!

3 comments:

Iowa Sunshine said...

wow, congratulations on your promotion (and office, and door!!!). very well deserved indeed. i hope you enjoy the transition. i'm really happy for you.

Rose said...

Congratulations! :o)

Mrs. W said...

Thank you!!