Monday, February 9, 2009

In case you had any doubts, it's official

"Ceeeeelebrate good times, Come on!" (clap your hands here)

It's official- hands down, I have THE best family and friends a girl could ever ask for. I'm so grateful and so blessed to have such amazing people in my life. I felt like a celebrity this weekend having not one but three birthday parties! (Isn't Brit-Brit Spears the only one that can pull that off? Too bad I don't have her abs too.)

Anyway- this past weekend was full of good times, good laughs, and good eats. Friday night Andy's family came over and we feasted on Pizza Hut and HyVee cake- the 2 major food groups. Jack and Evie kept us entertained and even managed to fit into this tiny little cube- what a great time we had!

Then Saturday night my girls took me out and did it up right! First, we gathered at Wig and Pen for some amazing pizza (bartender wasn't too bad either!) and Annette spoiled us with tiny cakes from Let Them Eat Cake- as you all know, my cake obsession.

After gifts, we headed to 'He's Just Not That Into You' and loved the movie!! Now I know I'm old- but I still have a few more miles in me- so.... we took ourselves downtown to catch a show at People's. Of course, that only made us thirsty and to quench our thirst we headed over to Fong's Pizza for some classic 70's tiki drinks complete with a glowing flame! Here are some pics from the night:

Group shot~






Hmmm...2 scoops of ice cream?

At the movie~

Court Avenue~


Tiki anyone?!

On Sunday I got another wonderful surprise! My parents came down with my Gma toting lunch and (I kid you not) a homemade chocolate cake that weighed 15 lbs. It was over-the-top goodness! My mom needs to start her career on the Food Network. :)
So as you can see, this post is dedicated to my family and my girls- all of which keep me going day in and day out. Turns out, turning 33 wasn't so bad after all. xo





No comments: