Tuesday, February 17, 2009

PSA: My car is not an ashtray!

So I'm headed to work this morning at that unheard of hour before the sun comes up, driving along on the freeway in my pre-coffee grogginess, minding my own lane, when out of the blue- a *flash of fire* appears on my windshield!

A cigarette butt was stuck on my left wiper blade! The car in front of me evidently did not want their car to smell like smoke (I can't think of any other reason why they wouldn't have used their OWN ashtray) and the driver had thrown their cigarette butt out the window.

Now I certainly believe in smoker's rights- if you want to smoke in your own car, great! No problem- but don't make it my problem when you toss your butt and it lands on my car- okay not only lands, but gets stuck! That's all I ask.... In the name of safety (you know who you are red Ford Taurus).

So this morning, I can safely say, 99 cent wiper fluid saved my car from burning. Okay, stepping off my soap box now.

No comments: