Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Recession? What recession?

Last Saturday I met my mama at the Tanger Outlet Mall in Williamsburg. I was definitely in need of a little retail therapy, but was trying to keep in mind that I'm on financial lockdown (bad combo, I know).

I don't know why but I was surprised when we got to the mall- it was packed! Every store was brimming with eager shoppers- even Coach (!) which I always admire from a distance. The $300 purses were flying off the shelves- uh, tell me, what do you do for a living and how can I do it?

But the highlight of the trip was my very first time shopping at Motherhood! My mom bought me my very first maternity outfit- they even had cute little 'fake' bellies you could Velcro on to see how you would look further along. I'm just in the bloated/borderline fat stage right now....patiently waiting for my Buddha belly to grow!

We finished off the day by having supper at the ever fabulous 'Pizza Haus'. It was such a great day spent with my mom! Thanks mom- can't wait for our next shopping excursion! xo

No comments: