Friday, March 6, 2009

Reformed Shopaholic

So last night I went to see 'Confessions of a Shopaholic' with my girl, Adrian. Gee- some people have amazing, Oscar-nominated films made after them (Harvey Milk anyone?!) but not I. No- if there were one movie that completely explained my life, or I should say- life before the wonderful joys of unemployment, it would be this movie.

I'll sum it up for you: girl, girl who loves to shop, girl who can't stop shopping... and shopping...and shopping...yep, that was me!

But then the phone rang and when I answered it, it was a BIG, HUGE wake-up call! All my 15 pairs of black shoes that only my eye can see how they are different? Yep, going to be worn til the soles wear out. Spending money on jewelry? Not on my watch!

I can proudly say I'm *trying* to curb my shopping appetite and have adopted the cozy term: safe-0-nomics. Wherein, all my extra cash goes directly into our safe for, what else, safekeeping (and no, you won't be able to guess the combination).

No more trips to the mall, dash in's to Target, strolling through Kohl's... and maybe, just maybe, I'll be able to outsmart this thing called a recession. Oh yeah, and the movie was fabulous!

No comments: