Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Sharing the Love

One thing that I really wanted to focus on in 2009 was spending less, being thankful for all that I have, knowing how blessed I am- and I realized looking around my house- I don't need so much STUFF. I can function just fine without my spare bedroom stuffed with stuff, stuff I don't use, stuff I will never use, just more and more stuff.

So it was time to get busy! My church was seeking donated items for their annual rummage sale so last night, Andy and I filled up my entire trunk and backseat with all our extra, non-used STUFF. I dropped it off this afternoon and instantly felt the kind of relief you feel when you declutter, when you remove the chaos. It felt liberating! And great to know that someone out there might really need what I didn't.

So if you're feeling weighted down, cluttered, out of sorts- take a minute to work on a room or a closet and donate the items to a Goodwill store or local church. I guarantee you'll feel amazing for sharing the love. xo

No comments: