Monday, April 19, 2010

Running a 5k...

Is a lot like having a baby.

When the race is about to start (IE when you're about to have your baby) you immediately think...'Wait! Wait a minute, hold up- I can't do this. Let's turn back time. Seriously- I can't do this. What was I thinking???'

During the race (IE when you're actually having your baby) you cry, you scream, you think, 'OMG- I'm dying! I have to turn back! I can't do it! I just can't do it!!!'

And finally, when you're approaching the finish line (IE baby is about to make his/her appearance) you are filled with sweet beautiful relief. You've just accomplished what your mind was telling you that you couldn't do. But you did it. And you have your reward. (Andy was waiting for me at the finish line with peanut so it WAS just like having a baby!)

And an hour after the race (IE having a baby) you forget the pain, the struggle and you think, 'Gee, that wasn't so bad.'

(Honestly though, if you have the choice~ choose having a baby. Um yeah, the race was THAT hard.)

Me and Nette before the race:

Andy's friend Jim, me and Nette after the race (I really don't know how I'm standing up at this point):

How else do you celebrate completing your first 5k? Why, with Mimosa's of course! And pumpkin pancakes from the Drake Diner!

No comments: