Sunday, April 1, 2012

Sunday Funday

Jacque and I decided to brave the crowds, load up the kids and check out the Easter Bunny at our local Bass Pro.  Typically, these 'events' leave me feeling like I need a bottle of wine, a hot bath and no public outings for a month.  But this year, our plan was to get there early, secure a spot and my job: prep Rea for meeting the EB.  Last year did not go so well.

Circa 2011~






This year, I was ready.  We 'practiced' before hand with the basket...





We had a debriefing in the parking lot. Who was the Easter Bunny? Someone who brought toys and candy!



We passed the time by making a craft...


And then it was 'go' time~ we waved while waiting our turn..


And...no picture of Rea with the Easter Bunny as I was put on mommy duty... Rea would only sit on my lap and even then leaned waaaaaay over my side so as not to get close to said bunny.  The camera clicked and she jumped off my lap and ran out of the gate.  Maybe next year. :)

We quickly forgot about the EB with an egg hunt through the store...





And the trip ended in success with a bag of candy.  Love making Sunday Funday memories with my peanut!

We ended the day with a bbq at Andy's parents with Rea's Uncle, Aunt and cousins... a great ending to a fun day.  Hope everyone had a great Sunday!

No comments: