Sunday, April 22, 2012

Where did the weekend go?!

Oh where oh where did my weekend go? Oh where oh where could it be? (sung to the tune of 'Oh Where Oh Where has my little dog gone?')

Friday night:

The mood is FUN! The weekend has just begun and the next 2 and a 1/2 days are promising... making memories with family and friends!

Jen, Jacque and I loaded up the kids and headed to the mall. Rea LOVED the play land- bossing around the big kids while I'm on the sidelines, really trying to reiterate the concept of sharing.  And no, not every castle is your own castle.  You must SHARE and be kind.  A hard concept for a 2 year old, I know.  But teachable moments, right?







We worked up an appetite and headed to Orange Leaf.  Yup- pretty much loved it and ate my weight in Fro Yo.  At 9:30 p.m. What were we thinking?  The sugar rush hit the kids and they were singing and laughing all the way home....





Saturday:

The weekend is still so new... thoughts of laundry and errands and making food for the week are in the distant future.

I spent the morning working out, and then after family nap time (one of the best feelings on earth) my friend Jenny and I headed to The Lucky One.  Great chick flick that didn't disappoint.




After the movie, we met up with Annette and Kelli for this amazing new martini called the Fruit Loop.   Tastes just like a bowl of fruit loops but with an adult kick. *I die*  Loved hanging with my girls and doing a  little impromptu dancing...




Sunday:

Oh Sunday... the morning I wake up in a panic remembering the 5 loads of laundry that need to be done, errands that need to be run, food that needs to be made for the week. 

Sundays are my dose of reality... and after a quick trip to the gym, we headed over to Andy's parents for Sunday supper.  A new tradition of sorts that I am loving!  The best way to end a great weekend, hanging out with family and trying to forget that a new work day is a mere night's sleep away.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

so fun! sounds like you guys had a great weekend....family nap time is THE BEST!!