Monday, August 27, 2012

Adventures in Potty Training

I thought this post would never come.

Oh I know, I know...you're shaking your head at me. Each child is different... they will know when they're ready...they're on their own schedule.  I get that. I really do.  It's just that...

I am SO glad it finally happened!

I want to remember this day. The day that Rea went on the big girl potty for the very first time. And no, not just squattin. Actually went potty! 

Thanks to her daycare provider, I got a fun call at work from a very excited toddler all ready to tell mom the story.  Then we took a trip to the store to buy MnM's- her choice of treat.  Then we got home, pulled out the lil potty and it worked like charm thanks to Nick Jr. on the TV to distract her.

She then had the great idea to put on 'underwear' (No mom! Not panties...underwear!).  At this point, we're going with it!  We laid out underwear for tomorrow. Safely packed some spares to travel to daycare and we're keeping our fingers crossed.



1 comment:

Iowa Sunshine said...

this is so exciting, mostly for Mama!! it should go smoothly now, as it really seems like she gets it and is enjoying attention and MnMs : ). you will like the money savings on diapers -- whawhoo!