Sunday, August 26, 2012

Hold on....

Because the weekend will fly by!  Especially when there are plans to be had....

Friday night:

Oh the best laid plans.... Rea and I met up with our friends, Jen & Jacque, Jackson, Klara, Karly and Keefer.  If you do the math, that's 3 adults and 5 kids.  The plan was to check out the new cupcake place in town. 

Little did we know, said-cupcake joint no longer sells cupcakes after 5 p.m. and instead, turns into a trendy, savvy, date night dessert lounge.  See us exiting stage left with cupcakes to go. Oh and did I mention Rea got a raging bloody nose while I was paying for the cupcakes?  I love when parenthood throws you a curve ball. 

But we survived and Rea loved being with her friends for the night...




Saturday:

My parents came to help us a with a home remodel project in the garage (pics to come later).  Due to the rain, my mom, Rea and I hit up the mall.  As soon as Rea got in this little red car, she exclaimed, "I'm going to go pick up my cousins!" 





Sunday:

The weather cleared up so we headed outside for a morning stroll... (thanks for the baby stroller Gramma K.!).  The sun was actually way too hot for this boycotter of summer so....




We headed to the furniture store.  I got caught up in the moment (and the deals!!!) and purchased the leather furniture for our family room that I have been coveting for some time.  Dark chocolate sofa, love seat and a custom ordered LaZboy rocker/recliner, note fabric swatch below.  You like?






Hope everyone had a great weekend!

No comments: