Friday, September 4, 2009

You know, it is a FULL moon...

Dr. Phil called me:

I know, I know...I'm growing a baby. Not getting fat without an excuse- but this was too priceless not to post! I had to get my 'Friday Funny' on...

In other news, who's in the mood for some Crenshaw melon?


Who knew what a crenshaw melon was before I compared it to my baby girl? Not me- but I do now! I was able to move up my ultrasound appointment to today and guess what? The really super good news is that all is normal, healthy, measurements look great, not too much fluid, and she was still active as ever- oh, and definitely a SHE for all you non-believers out there! :)

But she is officially measuring in at 36 weeks! Okay, you can close your mouths now. Yes, it's true. My baby girl is 6 lbs 6 oz! Of course, the technician couldn't advise on my due date but just assured me that my doctor would call me. I'm assuming I'll just plan for a big (healthy!) baby and we'll go from there... This did prompt a diaper run however, and we decided to cancel our 3D ultrasound and put the money to better use- bottles anyone?!

So thanks for the prayers- we're still blessed to be expecting a healthy baby girl and after the initial shock, realized not much has changed. She'll come when she's good and ready and the only things we really need to have waiting for her are our open arms and all the love we can give.

I'll update after a chat with my doctor- hopefully next week! Have a great holiday weekend and let's hope 'labor' day doesn't technically apply to me this year! xo

No comments: