Tuesday, October 20, 2009

38 Weeks, 2 days and counting...

Today I am 38 weeks, 2 days and counting... Lil P should be measuring the size of a leek



but instead, is measuring 42 weeks in growth!

I am being monitored for pre-eclampsia. Don't google it or it'll keep you up at night. Basically my blood pressure has been high, my swelling makes the Pillsbury Dough Boy look tiny and my protein levels are elevated. No one informed me of the joys of 24-hour urine collection but that is what I'm experiencing now. We may be able to meet our little girl by either this Friday or beginning of next week!

Lesson learned today: Watching a woman scream 'my baby is trying to kill me' during labor on a "Baby Story" is not conducive to thinking calm thoughts about my OWN labor...*changing the channel*

So while we wait out Lil P's arrival- please keep us in your prayers that she'll come when she's meant to come and all will be healthy and well. Thank you!

Here is my 38 week belly pic:
Until next week...or labor strikes! xo

No comments: