Saturday, October 17, 2009

I survived prenatal yoga...

Not a sentence I thought I would ever utter!

It all started when I thought I should research (and by research I mean asking anyone and everyone) how to start labor on my own. I had heard that prenatal massage could possibly get the ball rolling...a.k.a. get me ready to evict Lil P!

So I called a local business and scheduled a prenatal massage for this morning. Well unfortunately, I got stood up! But while I was there waiting, they were beginning a prenatal yoga class and invited me to stay, free of charge. I have to admit- I was intrigued and after the instructor hinted that yoga squats could possibly trigger labor, I was down on my yoga mat faster than you could hum 'naaaaaam.....'!

I admit, I had a really good time. It was definitely relaxing and I'm proud of myself for trying something new that involved exercise- typically not my area of specialty.
But alas, I am still waiting for those labor pains to kick in. Stay tuned...


No comments: